Friday, February 25, 2022

today's meditation (Ps.123) Looking to God

(Dear Lord Jesus, guide me and give me insight as I read and study Your word, and let it be the meditation of my heart...)

(Psalm 123:1-4) 
1   To You I have raised my eyes, 
     You who are enthroned in the heavens!
2   Behold, as the eyes of servants look to the hand of their master,
     As the eyes of a female servant to the hand of her mistress,
     So our eyes look to the Lord our God,
     Until He is gracious to us.

3   Be gracious to us, Lord, be gracious to us,
     For we have had much more than enough of contempt.
4   Our soul has had much more than enough 
     Of the scoffing of those who are at ease,
     And with the contempt of the proud.

TODAY'S THOUGHTS AND MEDITATION:
David had things in the right order of priority.  He first looked to God for his help, and then told God about his troubles.  I remember a time when I had a lot of things hitting me at once, and this went on and on... until eventually I told God, "I'm so tired, I can't do this anymore.  And I can't take anymore!  When can I have a bit of a break?!" And then things suddenly felt peaceful and calm.
After a while, I wondered when God was going to allow something to hit me again, because for whatever reason, I felt I was due.  I mean, just how long can one person have it so peaceful?  But as I looked over those peaceful times, I realized that there were things that had happened.  Lots of things.  The biggest difference was that I had been allowing God to manage everything!  
Now, whenever I realize that I've been struggling with something, I can see how I have been trying to manage that particular thing in my own strength.  I have to consciously ask God to take control of that area.  And it is just that "easy".  I give things to God!  I ask Him to do those things FOR me - and then I leave them there with Him, while I continue to live in His will.  And if there is something that requires me to do something, somehow, God moves in me to do the right thing.

No comments: