Monday, February 7, 2022

today's meditation (Ps.119:25-32) Putting God Before Us

 (Dear Lord Jesus, guide me and give me insight as I read and study Your word, and let it be the meditation of my heart...)

(Psalm 119:25-176) 
25 My soul clings to the dust;
     Revive me according to Your word.
26 I have told of my ways, and You have answered me;
     Teach me Your statutes.
27 Make me understand the way of Your precepts,
     And I will meditate on Your wonders.
28 My soul weeps because of grief;
     Strengthen me according to Your word.
29 Remove the false way from me,
     And graciously grant me Your Law.
30 I have chosen the faithful way;
     I have placed Your judgments before me.
31 I cling to Your testimonies;
     Lord, do not put me to shame!
32 I shall run the way of Your commandments,
     For You will enlarge my heart.
TODAY'S THOUGHTS AND MEDITATION:
Taking a closer look at verse 30, David placed God's judgment and His way before him.  One can see this in two different ways.  First, if we put God's will as the priority in our lives, we will value His way as more important than our own way.  Then, when there is a choice to be made, we will obviously want to choose God's advice.
Since following God is a personal decision that we must make, God's way never pushes us;   therefore we can also think about having God's will before us - as - setting God's will in front of us.  In this way, God's words will guide and lead us forward.  And since our heart is a muscle which requires exercise, if we run after God's commandments found in His word, we will only become stronger in Him.  

No comments: