Thursday, February 10, 2022

today's meditation (Ps.119:49-56) Living in God's Comfort and Hope

(Dear Lord Jesus, guide me and give me insight as I read and study Your word, and let it be the meditation of my heart...)

(Psalm 119:49-56) 
49 Remember the word to Your servant,
     In which You have made me hope.
50 This is my comfort in my misery,
     That Your word has revived me.
51 The arrogant utterly deride me,
     Yet I do not turn aside from Your Law.
52 I have remembered Your judgments from of old, Lord,
     And comfort myself.
53 Burning indignation has seized me because of the wicked,
     Who abandon Your Law.
54 Your statutes are my songs 
     In the house of my pilgrimage.
55 Lord, I remember Your name in the night,
     And keep Your Law.
56 This has become mine,
     That I comply with Your precepts.
TODAY'S THOUGHTS AND MEDITATION:
God's word and promises should be our comfort and hope.  And this hope isn't just a wishy-washy-type of "oh I hope so", it is a present confidence of things we know are true and of things yet to come.  One thing about living in this hope is that we don't take it for granted.  If we say that we believe in God and His word and that our hope and trust is in Him, then we will love His commandments and know that they are for our benefit.  We will then be actively striving to live in His will, all in His strength, all to His glory!


No comments: