Tuesday, February 15, 2022

today's meditation (Ps.119:81-96) Recognizing Perfection

(Dear Lord Jesus, guide me and give me insight as I read and study Your word, and let it be the meditation of my heart...)

(Psalm 119:81-96) 
81 My soul languishes for Your salvation;
     I wait for Your word.
82 My eyes fail with longing for Your word,
     While I say, “When will You comfort me?”
83 Though I have become like a wineskin in the smoke,
     I do not forget Your statutes.
84 How many are the days of Your servant?
     When will You execute judgment on those who persecute me?
85 The arrogant have dug pits for me,
     People who are not in accord with Your Law.
86 All Your commandments are faithful;
     They have persecuted me with a lie; help me!
87 They almost destroyed me on earth,
     But as for me, I did not abandon Your precepts.
88 Revive me according to Your faithfulness,
     So that I may keep the testimony of Your mouth.
89 Forever, Lord,
     Your word stands in heaven.
90 Your faithfulness continues throughout generations;
     You established the earth, and it stands.
91 They stand this day by Your ordinances,
     For all things are Your servants.
92 If Your Law had not been my delight,
     Then I would have perished in my misery.
93 I will never forget Your precepts,
     For by them You have revived me.
94 I am Yours, save me;
     For I have sought Your precepts.
95 The wicked wait for me to destroy me;
     I will diligently consider Your testimonies.
96 I have seen a limit to all perfection;
     Your commandment is exceedingly broad.
TODAY'S THOUGHTS AND MEDITATION:
David praised God for His faithfulness and counted on His faithfulness to save and revive him.  In David's lifetime, he had a lot of experiences with many dangerous and powerful enemies, so he would have known from experience that God is always faithful.  As well, being a king, he would have seen many wonderful things that this world can offer, but David recognized the perfection of God and His word.
As for me, no matter where or how I need help, God's wisdom and guidance never fails me.  And no matter what I'm going through, when I wait on the Lord, I am never disappointed.  My experiences are not as vast as king David's, but I have had enough to know for myself that God is always faithful, and His word is true.

No comments: