Tuesday, February 22, 2022

today's meditation (Ps.120) Knowing Our First Go-To

(Dear Lord Jesus, guide me and give me insight as I read and study Your word, and let it be the meditation of my heart...)

(Psalm 120:1-7) 
I cried to the Lord in my trouble,
     And He answered me.
2   Rescue my soul, Lord, from lying lips,
     From a deceitful tongue.
3   What will He give to you, and what more will He do to you,
     You deceitful tongue?
4   Sharp arrows of the warrior,
     With the burning coals of the broom tree!

5   Woe to me, for I reside in Meshech,
     For I have settled among the tents of Kedar!
6   Too long has my soul had its dwelling 
     With those who hate peace.
7   I am for peace, but when I speak,
     They are for war.

TODAY'S THOUGHTS AND MEDITATION:
There are times when we will find ourselves living in contentious settings.  And even when we mean well and try to establish peace and speak about God's goodness and His will for our lives, it will be taken the wrong way.  Some people very easily misunderstand, while any others don't even want to understand, because they love to be contentious.  There are a lot of people who love the drama, arguing and fighting, retaliation and vengeance.  But we cannot control what others do, say or feel.  We can only control ourselves, and even then...
This is why we should cry to the Lord!  As I've been reading all the passages that David wrote, I've found myself wondering why he usually starts with how he reached out to God, followed by all his woes and troubles.  As a writer of dramatic scripts, a "story" typically beings with an issue, and then finds its way to resolution.  Typical human nature is to first vent and try to work things out in one's own efforts, and then as "the last resort" call out to God.  So, my conclusion about David's writing style in "song lyrics" is one which is very positive.  
As soon as David struggled - he called out to the Lord!!!  And then to the Lord - he would vent and process.  Only the Lord can really help us!  So, we should KNOW that the Lord WILL hear us and help us - when we call.  Therefore we should remember:  as soon as we face trouble, we should seek the Lord for His help and guidance.  And even better, remember to seek the Lord and His guidance BEFORE any trouble comes upon us.  This should be our first go-to!!!

No comments: