Monday, February 14, 2022

today's meditation (Ps.119:73-80) Having No Regrets

(Dear Lord Jesus, guide me and give me insight as I read and study Your word, and let it be the meditation of my heart...)

(Psalm 119:73-80) 
73 Your hands made me and fashioned me;
     Give me understanding, so that I may learn Your commandments.
74 May those who fear You see me and be glad,
     Because I wait for Your word.
75 I know, Lord, that Your judgments are righteous,
     And that You have afflicted me in faithfulness.
76 May Your favor comfort me,
     According to Your word to Your servant.
77 May Your compassion come to me so that I may live,
     For Your Law is my delight.
78 May the arrogant be put to shame, because they lead me astray with a lie;
     But I shall meditate on Your precepts.
79 May those who fear You turn to me,
     And those who know Your testimonies.
80 May my heart be blameless in Your statutes,
     So that I will not be ashamed.
TODAY'S THOUGHTS AND MEDITATION:
David asks God for insight!  Since God created us, He knows exactly what we need and what we should be doing in order to live a righteous life.  And since He created all of us, He knows exactly what we need to be doing in order to get along with others.  This includes knowing what to do when we face our enemies or those who might cause us trouble.
As well, God knows exactly what we should be doing in order to get along with other believers.  As brothers and sisters in Christ, we should love and appreciate each other!  As brothers and sisters in Christ, we should encourage, help and pray for each other.  We should enjoy getting together to worship and praise God.  Our faith and trust should never deviate from God by placing that on ourselves or others.
Each one of us needs to remain focused on God and living in His will... trusting that what He says will work.  From past experiences, I know that when I have done it the world's way, or my way, I find myself in further trouble.  And even though God's way sometimes doesn't "feel" right or doesn't quite make sense - I've got to say - I have never had regrets after doing something in God's will!   God's way always works!

No comments: