Thursday, February 10, 2022

today's meditation (Ps.119:41-48) Having Confidence

(Dear Lord Jesus, guide me and give me insight as I read and study Your word, and let it be the meditation of my heart...)

(Psalm 119:41-48) 
41 May Your favor also come to me, Lord,
     Your salvation according to Your word;
42 So that I will have an answer for one who taunts me,
     For I trust in Your word.
43 And do not take the word of truth utterly out of my mouth,
     For I wait for Your judgments.
44 So I will keep Your Law continually,
     Forever and ever.
45 And I will walk at liberty,
     For I seek Your precepts.
46 I will also speak of Your testimonies before kings 
     And shall not be ashamed.
47 I will delight in Your commandments,
     Which I love.
48 And I shall lift up my hands to Your commandments,
     Which love;
     And I will meditate on Your statutes.
TODAY'S THOUGHTS AND MEDITATION:
I've always wanted to have a ready answer which was confident and ironclad in case anyone tried to ridicule or challenge me.  We have to remember that David was speaking of eternal salvation from the Lord hundreds of years before He had even finished His work on the cross.  This is how much faith David and other godly ones of the Old Testament had!  They weren't sure how God was going to make it happen, they just had faith in God that He would somehow make that happen.
Now we have the Bible, both the Old and the New Testaments.  Within these pages are many prophecies, most of which have been fulfilled already.  It also contains many testimonies of eyewitnesses to all these events.  And anything found in both nature and historical archives supports what the Bible says, it never undermines it.  
If this isn't enough to give one confidence, we definitely will find confidence and strength from God's words themselves!  But remember that being a believer isn't academic or about winning any sort of debate, it is a personal relationship with God.  Therefore, our confidence comes from Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior! From God, Himself!

No comments: