Monday, February 21, 2022

today's meditation (Ps.119:161-176) Having Peace

(Dear Lord Jesus, guide me and give me insight as I read and study Your word, and let it be the meditation of my heart...)

(Psalm 119:161-176) 
161 Rulers persecute me without cause,
       But my heart stands in awe of Your words.
162 rejoice at Your word,
       Like one who finds great plunder.
163 hate and loathfalsehood,
       But I love Your Law.
164 Seven times a day praise You 
       Because of Your righteous judgments.
165 Those who love Your Law have great peace,
       And nothing causes them to stumble.
166 hope for Your salvation, Lord,
       And do Your commandments.
167 My soul keeps Your testimonies,
       And I love them exceedingly.
168 keep Your precepts and Your testimonies,
       For all my ways are before You.
169 Let my cry come before You, Lord;
       Give me understanding according to Your word.
170 Let my pleading come before You;
       Save me according to Your word.
171 Let my lips pour out praise,
       For You teach me Your statutes.
172 Let my tongue sing about Your word,
       For all Your commandments are righteousness.
173 Let Your hand be ready to help me,
       For I have chosen Your precepts.
174 long for Your salvation, Lord,
       And Your Law is my delight.
175 Let my soul live that it may praise You,
       And let Your ordinances help me.
176 I have wandered about like a lost sheep; search for Your servant,
       For I do not forget Your commandments.

TODAY'S THOUGHTS AND MEDITATION:
God's word is so very awesome!  The more I study God's word, the more in awe I am!  And in knowing and loving His promises and His commandments, I see how we can have peace in our lives, no matter what we are going through.  Over all the years, in all of my experiences, I have realized this to be very true!  The more I trust and rest in God and His word, the more peace I experience!  There is individual inner peace, and when a group of people all live according to God and His word, there is a very real and widespread peace!

No comments: