Friday, February 4, 2022

today's meditation (Ps.119:9-16) Keeping God's Word

(Dear Lord Jesus, guide me and give me insight as I read and study Your word, and let it be the meditation of my heart...)

(Psalm 119:9-16)  
9   How can a young man keep his way pure?
     By keeping it according to Your word.
10 With all my heart I have sought You;
     Do not let me wander from Your commandments.
11 I have treasured Your word in my heart,
     So that I may not sin against You.
12 Blessed are You, Lord;
     Teach me Your statutes.
13 With my lips I have told of 
     All the ordinances of Your mouth.
14 I have rejoiced in the way of Your testimonies,
     As much as in all riches.
15 I will meditate on Your precepts 
     And regard Your ways.
16 I shall delight in Your statutes;
     I will not forget Your word.

TODAY'S THOUGHTS AND MEDITATION:
Keeping God's word will keep us pure - in other words - keep us out of trouble!  But it is impossible for us to keep it perfectly, so just as David did, we can ask God to teach us His word, as well as to help us keep His word!  This starts with us sincerely wanting to know God and His word, and then delighting in God and His word!  This all begins with our willing hearts, as well as realizing that God not only can and will help us, but He wants to help us!

No comments: