Sunday, February 20, 2022

today's meditation (Ps.119:145-160) Patiently Waiting

(Dear Lord Jesus, guide me and give me insight as I read and study Your word, and let it be the meditation of my heart...)

(Psalm 119:145-160) 
145 cried out with all my heart; answer me, Lord!
       I will comply with Your statutes.
146 cried to You; save me 
       And I shall keep Your testimonies.
147 I rise before dawn and cry for help;
       wait for Your words.
148 My eyes anticipate the night watches,
       So that I may meditate on Your word.
149 Hear my voice according to Your faithfulness;
       Revive me, Lord, according to Your judgments.
150 Those who follow after wickedness approach;
       They are far from Your Law.
151 You are near, Lord,
       And all Your commandments are truth.
152 From long ago I have known from Your testimonies 
       That You have founded them forever.
153 Look at my affliction and rescue me,
       For have not forgotten Your Law.
154 Plead my cause and redeem me;
       Revive me according to Your word.
155 Salvation is far from the wicked,
       For they do not seek Your statutes.
156 Great are Your mercies, Lord;
       Revive me according to Your judgments.
157 Many are my persecutors and my enemies,
       Yet do not turn aside from Your testimonies.
158 I see the treacherous and loathe them,
       Because they do not keep Your word.
159 Consider how love Your precepts;
       Revive me, Lord, according to Your faithfulness.
160 The sum of Your word is truth,
       And every one of Your righteous judgments is everlasting.
TODAY'S THOUGHTS AND MEDITATION:
Sin impedes our prayers!  Therefore, as we cry to the Lord for help, we need to wait on Him, and not take matters into our own hands.  It is to God's glory and our benefit to be patient while we wait for God to answer our prayers in His perfect timing and in the best way possible.  AND in the meantime, we need to be studying and meditating on His word and living in obedience.  In this way we stay close to God!  In this way we can know and remember that God is very near to us and will revive us - all of the time - in every circumstance!

No comments: