Tuesday, February 8, 2022

today's meditation (Ps.119:33-40) Being Revived by God's Righteousness

(Dear Lord Jesus, guide me and give me insight as I read and study Your word, and let it be the meditation of my heart...)

(Psalm 119:33-176) 
33 Teach me, the way of Your statutes, Lord,
     And I shall comply with it to the end.
34 Give me understanding, so that I may comply with Your Law 
     And keep it with all my heart.
35 Make me walk in the path of Your commandments,
     For I delight in it.
36 Incline my heart to Your testimonies,
     And not to dishonest gain.
37 Turn my eyes away from looking at what is worthless,
     And revive me in Your ways.
38 Establish Your word to Your servant 
     As that which produces reverence for You.
39 Take away my disgrace which I dread,
     For Your judgments are good.
40 Behold, I long for Your precepts;
     Revive me through Your righteousness.
TODAY'S THOUGHTS AND MEDITATION:
We cannot save ourselves, and God does not expect us to be good first before He will save us.  He just wants a sincere, humble and willing heart to seek after Him.  When we become believers, Jesus enters our heart, and we are sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise.  So when David asks of God in verse 34 to "keep" His Law in his heart", God does exactly that!  We cannot lose our salvation.  When we stumble, God revives us through His righteousness.  And continually, God is working on our hearts to change us for the better, from the inside out.

No comments: