Wednesday, February 16, 2022

today's meditation (Ps.119:97-112) Remaining Steadfast

(Dear Lord Jesus, guide me and give me insight as I read and study Your word, and let it be the meditation of my heart...)

(Psalm 119:97-112) 
97   How I love Your Law!
       It is my meditation all the day.
98   Your commandments make me wiser than my enemies,
       For they are ever mine.
99   I have more insight than all my teachers,
       For Your testimonies are my meditation.
100 I understand more than those who are old,
       Because I have complied with Your precepts.
101 I have restrained my feet from every evil way,
       So that I may keep Your word.
102 I have not turned aside from Your judgments,
       For You Yourself have taught me.
103 How sweet are Your words to my taste!
       Yes, sweeter than honey to my mouth!
104 From Your precepts I get understanding;
       Therefore I hate every false way.
105 Your word is a lamp to my feet
       And a light to my path.
106 I have sworn and I will confirm it,
       That I will keep Your righteous judgments.
107 I am exceedingly afflicted;
       Revive me, Lord, according to Your word.
108 Be pleased to accept the voluntary offerings of my mouth, Lord,
       And teach me Your judgments.
109 My life is continually in my hand,
       Yet I do not forget Your Law.
110 The wicked have set a trap for me,
       Yet I have not wandered from Your precepts.
111 I have inherited Your testimonies forever,
       For they are the joy of my heart.
112 I have inclined my heart to perform Your statutes 
       Forever, even to the end.
TODAY'S THOUGHTS AND MEDITATION:
Although God teaches us and changes us from the inside out, our obedience still requires our will.  Our actions are a result of our willingness to seek out and do God's will.  So even when we do make mistakes or find ourselves in trouble, what we have set before us as our heart's desire, will help guide our actions.  
To keep from stumbling, it also helps to hate the things that God hates.  It is less likely that we will be tempted to do something that we hate.  And always we need to keep going to God for help!  When we ask, God is faithful to guide us and fill us with wisdom.

No comments: