Sunday, February 13, 2022

today's meditation (Ps.119:65-72) Seeing Value in Suffering

(Dear Lord Jesus, guide me and give me insight as I read and study Your word, and let it be the meditation of my heart...)

(Psalm 119:65-176) 
65 You have treated Your servant well,
     Lord, according to Your word.
66 Teach me good discernment and knowledge,
     For I believe in Your commandments.
67 Before I was afflicted I went astray,
     But now I keep Your word.
68 You are good and You do good;
     Teach me Your statutes.
69 The arrogant have forged a lie against me;
     With all my heart I will comply with Your precepts.
70 Their heart is insensitive, like fat,
     But I delight in Your Law.
71 It is good for me that I was afflicted,
     So that I may learn Your statutes.
72 The Law of Your mouth is better to me 
     Than thousands of gold and silver pieces.
TODAY'S THOUGHTS AND MEDITATION:
David valued God and His Law so much that he valued the time that he suffered, because it was a time when he could grow closer to God and have a better understanding of His word.  If we say that we trust in God and that He is always there for us and that His word is truth, but never go through anything, how can we actually know this?  Where would be our proof?  So, any time that we struggle through something, we should look at it as an opportunity to learn and grow in our faith and knowledge of God.

No comments: