Thursday, February 17, 2022

today's meditation (Ps.119:113-128) Being in the World

(Dear Lord Jesus, guide me and give me insight as I read and study Your word, and let it be the meditation of my heart...)

(Psalm 119:113-128) 
113 hate those who are double-minded,
       But I love Your Law.
114 You are my hiding place and my shield;
       wait for Your word.
115 Leave me, you evildoers,
       So that I may comply with the commandments of my God.
116 Sustain me according to Your word, that I may live;
       And do not let me be ashamed of my hope.
117 Sustain me so that I may be safe,
       That I may have regard for Your statutes continually.
118 You have rejected all those who stray from Your statutes,
       For their deceitfulness is useless.
119 You have removed all the wicked of the earth like impurities;
       Therefore love Your testimonies.
120 My flesh trembles from the fear of You,
       And I am afraid of Your judgments.
121 I have done justice and righteousness;
       Do not leave me to my oppressors.
122 Be a guarantor for Your servant for good;
       Do not let the arrogant oppress me.
123 My eyes fail with longing for Your salvation,
       And for Your righteous word.
124 Deal with Your servant according to Your graciousness,
       And teach me Your statutes.
125 I am Your servant; give me understanding,
       So that I may know Your testimonies.
126 It is time for the Lord to act,
       For they have broken Your Law.
127 Therefore love Your commandments 
       Above gold, yes, above pure gold.
128 Therefore I carefully follow all Your precepts concerning everything,
       hate every false way.
TODAY'S THOUGHTS AND MEDITATION:
If we love God, we should hate what He hates.  And if we fear God with the deepest respect, then we should know to fear His judgments.  When we become Christians, God saves us, not just from our sins, but from His wrath and judgment!  And because we love and respect God with a healthy fear, we should not want to test Him or disobey Him.  To do that would require a lack of respect for His discipline and the consequences that He will allow us to go through.
To avoid evil, I have seen Christians literally "run for the hills" to escape.  The problem is, wherever we are, we will find sin, because we still have a sin nature.  Also, God has told us to be "in the world but not of the world."  How can we be a light to the lost, if we do not live among them?  So it should be obvious to us from God's word, that when He asks us to do something, He is there to protect us, guide us and help us!  Then our light which is God's word and God Himself will shine out to those around us.

No comments: