Thursday, January 31, 2019

praying effectively: Hear God's Teaching (Deut.32)

(Deuteronomy 32:1-2)  “Give ear, O heavens, and let Me speak; and let the earth hear the words of My mouth.  Let My teaching drop as the rain, My speech distill as the dew, as the droplets on the fresh grass and as the showers on the herb."

Reminder:  "praying effectively" involves knowing God's will.  When we pray in His will (in His name), He may choose to not answer those prayers in the time period that we would like, or HOW we would like - but He will answer those prayers!

It is God's will:
- that we allow God to teach and speak to us
- that we crave to hear God's empowering and refreshing words and teachings

Today's prayer:

Dear Lord Jesus, thank You for Your empowering and refreshing words of all-knowing and life-giving wisdom!  May I always be eager to hear them and take them to heart, knowing that abiding by Your words will help me to grow stronger in You.  Amen.

No comments: