Friday, January 11, 2019

praying effectively: Be Holy (Lev.20)

(Leviticus 20:7-8)  You shall consecrate yourselves therefore and be holy, for I am the Lord your God. You shall keep My statutes and practice them; I am the Lord who sanctifies you.'

(Leviticus 20:22-23)  ‘You are therefore to keep all My statutes and all My ordinances and do them, so that the land to which I am bringing you to live will not spew you out. 23 Moreover, you shall not follow the customs of the nation which I will drive out before you, for they did all these things, and therefore I have abhorred them.'

(Leviticus 20:26)  Thus you are to be holy to Me, for I the Lord am holy; and I have set you apart from the peoples to be Mine.'

Reminder:  "praying effectively" involves knowing God's will.  When we pray in His will (in His name), He may choose to not answer those prayers in the time period that we would like, or HOW we would like - but He will answer those prayers!

It is God's will:
- that we do not live in disobedience (Lev.20:23)
- that we are obedient (Lev.20:8, 22)
- that we are holy (Lev.20:7, 26)

Today's prayer:

Dear Lord Jesus, keep me from following the worldly trends and attitudes of those around me.  Keep me on Your path, always desiring to live a holy and obedient life, which will set me apart and cause those around me to want to know more about You.  Amen.

No comments: