Wednesday, January 9, 2019

praying effectively: Respect the Elderly (Lev.19)

(Leviticus 19:32)  ‘You shall rise up before the grayheaded and honor the aged, and you shall revere your God; I am the Lord.

Reminder:  "praying effectively" involves knowing God's will.  When we pray in His will (in His name), He may choose to not answer those prayers in the time period that we would like, or HOW we would like - but He will answer those prayers!

It is God's will:
- that we respect the Lord
- that we respect all elderly people because we respect the Lord

Today's prayer:

Dear Lord Jesus, thank You so much for being such a loving God.  Help me to bring the highest honor to You.  If we cannot respect You, than how can we even understand how to respect ourselves and others.

Help me be respectful to all elderly people, no matter how they are behaving.  We do not know how they might be struggling.  This is right up there with treating others as I want to be treated... how I WILL want to be treated when I'm older and vulnerable, and maybe even at the mercy of caregivers.

Help me to value the wisdom that the elderly share!  Help them to feel loved, protected and valued.  Amen.

No comments: