Thursday, December 6, 2018

praying effectively: Trusting God (Gen.50)

(Genesis 50:20a)  As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good in order to bring about this present result..."

Reminder:  "praying effectively" involves knowing God's will.  When we pray in His will (in His name), He may choose to not answer those prayers in the time period that we would like, or HOW we would like - but He will answer those prayers!

It is God's will:  that we trust God

Today's prayer:

Dear Lord Jesus, I know that You do not cause evil, but You allow it, because Your love is so great that You have given everyone free will.  But not only do You allow it, You are able to use all of mankind's mistakes in order to accomplish Your will.  You also allow it in order to test us, and make us see our need for You in every moment of our lives.

So Lord, just like Joseph, help me to have the faith and trust in You, that when I am going through difficulties, I will remember Your faithfulness.  Help me to always remain obedient to Your will, no matter what is happening around me, knowing that You will then work things out and use the difficult times for something good.

And just like Joseph, help me not to hold grudges against people who have acted inappropriately towards me.  Please forgive those people FOR ME.  Thank You so much for Your love and care!  Amen.

No comments: