Wednesday, December 19, 2018

praying effectively: Do Not Covet (Ex., Deut.)

(Exodus 20:17)  “You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife or his male servant or his female servant or his ox or his donkey or anything that belongs to your neighbor.”

(Deuteronomy 5:21)  ‘You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, and you shall not desire your neighbor’s house, his field or his male servant or his female servant, his ox or his donkey or anything that belongs to your neighbor.’

Reminder:  "praying effectively" involves knowing God's will.  When we pray in His will (in His name), He may choose to not answer those prayers in the time period that we would like, or HOW we would like - but He will answer those prayers!

It is God's will:  that we do not covet (yearn for something we do not have)

Today's prayer:

Dear Lord, help me not to be jealous, or desire to have the things that other people have or desire to do the things that other people get to do.  You know how much I can struggle with this.  Forgive me for comparing myself with others.

Help me to be content with what I do have.  Help me to be content in all things!  Having You in my life is what makes me complete.  And putting You as top priority in my life is what helps me feel complete.

Thank You so much for everything You have given to us!  And for the things You have allowed us to see and do.  You are beyond generous.  You left everything that You had in heaven, to come live in poverty here on earth, to give Your own life so that it would be possible for us to be fellow heirs with You in heaven for eternity!

Until then, please guide me in Your wisdom to efficiently and effectively use what You have given to me.  Amen.

No comments: