Wednesday, December 26, 2018

praying effectively: Fear, Follow, Obey and Serve God (Deut.13)

(Deuteronomy 13:4)  “You shall follow the Lord your God and fear Him; and you shall keep His commandments, listen to His voice, serve Him, and cling to Him."

Reminder:  "praying effectively" involves knowing God's will.  When we pray in His will (in His name), He may choose to not answer those prayers in the time period that we would like, or HOW we would like - but He will answer those prayers!

It is God's will:  that we only fear, follow, obey and serve God

Today's prayer: 

Dear Lord Jesus, help me to remain steadfast!  Help me to cling to Your words and to You - for everything!  Help me to apply Your words to everything in my life so that I remain obedient to Your will.

Help me remember to ask You for Your strength, wisdom, guidance and love - for every decision I have throughout the day!  I THANK You because You WANT to be part of my life in every aspect, in every moment.

I mean, why not involve You in everything???  I struggle with stupid questions throughout everyday - like - "What to make for supper?"  And Lord, You know how I hate cooking!  Forgive my bad attitude towards that!

You actually want to be there with me as I make that supper - because whatever I do, I should have the attitude of love and wanting to serve You and others.  And when I do involve You in these tasks - You make it not only tolerable, but You make it fun!!!  THAT is a miracle for me!!!

And thank You for giving me spiritual gifts in which to serve You and others - in ways and in tasks that I DO love to do!!!  Thank You for providing the opportunities in church to use those gifts to serve.  Let my efforts bless and uplift.

Help me when I am serving, that I maintain a good attitude of selflessness.  Lord, You also know how stupid I can be at times!  HELP ME not to do or say stupid things.  And when it happens, give me the love and humility to immediately go make it right before You and those I have offended!  Amen.

No comments: