Monday, March 21, 2022

today's meditation (Ps.143) trusting God for everything

(Dear Lord Jesus, guide me and give me insight as I read and study Your word, and let it be the meditation of my heart...)

(Psalm 143:1-12)
1   Hear my prayer, Lord,
     Listen to my pleadings!
     Answer me in Your faithfulness, in Your righteousness!
2   And do not enter into judgment with Your servant,
     For no person living is righteous in Your sight.
3   For the enemy has persecuted my soul;
     He has crushed my life to the ground;
     He has made me dwell in dark places, like those who have long been dead.
4   Therefore my spirit feels weak within me;
     My heart is appalled within me.

5   I remember the days of old;
     I meditate on all Your accomplishments;
     I reflect on the work of Your hands.
6   I spread out my hands to You;
     My soul longs for You, like a weary land. Selah 

7   Answer me quickly, Lord, my spirit fails;
     Do not hide Your face from me,
     Or I will be the same as those who go down to the pit.
8   Let me hear Your faithfulness in the morning,
     For I trust in You;
     Teach me the way in which I should walk;
     For to You I lift up my soul.
9   Save me, Lord, from my enemies;
     I take refuge in You.

10 Teach me to do Your will,
     For You are my God;
     Let Your good Spirit lead me on level ground.
11 For the sake of Your name, Lord, revive me.
     In Your righteousness bring my soul out of trouble.
12 And in Your faithfulness, destroy my enemies,
     And eliminate all those who attack my soul,
     For I am Your servant.
TODAY'S THOUGHTS AND MEDITATION:
No human being can live righteously.  This is why we need the Lord's salvation.  And until we reach heaven, we will still struggle, so we need His help each and every day!  This all requires that we put our faith and trust in the Lord, Jesus Christ!  Then as we allow, He teaches and leads us, just like David asks of the Lord in verses 8 to 12.
The Lord protects us and changes us from the inside out, in His faithfulness and righteousness - not ours.  Our purpose in serving the Lord and living a righteous life is to bring Him glory.  So, because we need His help, the only way we can glorify God, is do everything in Him and through Him!

No comments: