Tuesday, March 15, 2022

today's meditation (Ps.138) Needing God

(Dear Lord Jesus, guide me and give me insight as I read and study Your word, and let it be the meditation of my heart...)

(Psalm 138:1-8)
1   I will give You thanks with all my heart;
     I will sing Your praises before the gods.
2   I will bow down toward Your holy temple 
     And give thanks to Your name for Your mercy and Your truth;
     For You have made Your word great according to all Your name.
3   On the day I called, You answered me;
     You made me bold with strength in my soul.

4   All the kings of the earth will give thanks to You, Lord,
     When they have heard the words of Your mouth.
5   And they will sing of the ways of the Lord,
     For great is the glory of the Lord.
6   For the Lord is exalted,
     Yet He looks after the lowly,
     But He knows the haughty from afar.

7   Though I walk in the midst of trouble, You will revive me;
     You will reach out with Your hand against the wrath of my enemies,
     And Your right hand will save me.
8   The Lord will accomplish what concerns me;
     Your faithfulness, Lord, is everlasting;
     Do not abandon the works of Your hands.
TODAY'S THOUGHTS AND MEDITATION:
The Lord looks after the lowly - the humble!  This is opposite the haughty - the ones who are too proud to realize their need for God.  Not only do we need to be saved through Jesus, but we need His help every day, all the time.  This is not something we should be ashamed about.  This is something that should bring about more faith and confidence, because WHEN WE CALL - WHEN WE ASK - He answers!  He revives us, and He gives us inner strength and boldness.  And He will take care of our concerns.  There is nothing too difficult for Him!!!





No comments: