Tuesday, March 8, 2022

today's meditation (Ps.132) Living Righteously and Joyfully

(Dear Lord Jesus, guide me and give me insight as I read and study Your word, and let it be the meditation of my heart...)

(Psalm 132:1-18) 
1   Remember, Lord, in David’s behalf,
     All his affliction;
2   How he swore to the Lord 
     And vowed to the Mighty One of Jacob,
3   “I certainly will not enter my house,
     Nor lie on my bed;
4   I will not give sleep to my eyes 
     Or slumber to my eyelids,
5   Until I find a place for the Lord,
     A dwelling place for the Mighty One of Jacob.”

6   Behold, we heard about it in Ephrathah,
     We found it in the field of Jaar.
7   Let’s go into His dwelling place;
     Let’s worship at His footstool.
8   Arise, Lord, to Your resting place,
     You and the ark of Your strength.
9   May Your priests be clothed with righteousness,
     And may Your godly ones sing for joy.

10 For the sake of Your servant David,
     Do not turn away the face of Your anointed.
11 The Lord has sworn to David 
     A truth from which He will not turn back:
     “I will set upon your throne one from the fruit of your body.
12 If your sons will keep My covenant 
     And My testimony which I will teach them,
     Their sons also will sit upon your throne forever.”

13 For the Lord has chosen Zion;
     He has desired it as His dwelling place.
14 “This is My resting place forever;
     Here I will dwell, for I have desired it.
15 I will abundantly bless her food;
     I will satisfy her needy with bread.
16 I will also clothe her priests with salvation,
     And her godly ones will sing aloud for joy.
17 I will make the horn of David spring forth there;
     I have prepared a lamp for My anointed.
18 I will clothe his enemies with shame,
     But upon himself his crown will gleam.”

TODAY'S THOUGHTS AND MEDITATION:
When Jesus came from heaven to be born in flesh (to be 100% man while still being 100% God), He was born through a virgin who was a descendant of king David.  Joseph, (Jesus' "step-father") was also a descendant of king David through another line.  In this way, Jesus was not only the King of kings, but He was also the rightful King of Israel.  
Israel rejected Jesus then, but when they as a nation finally accept Him as their personal King, as well their rightful King, all of their covenants will be fulfilled.  It will take going through the Tribulation to help them see this Truth, and then they will enter the Millennial kingdom with blessings, righteous living and joy!
For all of us now, we should not feel comfortable, and we will not feel comfortable, until we have placed the Lord Jesus in the proper place in our lives.  We need to invite Jesus to sit on our personal throne, for He makes a far better King, Lord and God than we do!  It is the Lord who saves, protects, fills, teaches and leads us.  The Lord and living in His will should be our priority!  Doing this will guide us towards living righteously and joyfully!

No comments: