Sunday, March 20, 2022

today's meditation (Ps.142) Pouring Out Our Complaints

(Dear Lord Jesus, guide me and give me insight as I read and study Your word, and let it be the meditation of my heart...)

(Psalm 142:1-7)
1   I cry out with my voice to the Lord;
     With my voice I implore the Lord for compassion.
2   I pour out my complaint before Him;
     I declare my trouble before Him.
3   When my spirit felt weak within me,
     You knew my path.
     In the way where I walk 
     They have hidden a trap for me.
4   Look to the right and see;
     For there is no one who regards me favorably;
     There is no escape for me;
     No one cares for my soul.

5   I cried out to You, Lord;
     I said, “You are my refuge,
     My portion in the land of the living.
6   Give Your attention to my cry,
     For I have been brought very low;
     Rescue me from my persecutors,
     For they are too strong for me.
7   Bring my soul out of prison,
     So that I may give thanks to Your name;
     The righteous will surround me,
     For You will look after me.”
TODAY'S THOUGHTS AND MEDITATION:
It is awesome to know that we can "pour out" our complaints to the Lord.  Think of a cup filled with complaints.  If we pour it out, it should be all gone.  And when we have given everything to the Lord, we can take refuge in Him.  Even if our troubles are stronger than we are, the Lord is all-powerful.  And because He cares for those who look to Him, He will look after us.

No comments: