Sunday, March 6, 2022

today's meditation (Ps.130) Waiting With Confidence

(Dear Lord Jesus, guide me and give me insight as I read and study Your word, and let it be the meditation of my heart...)

(Psalm 130:1-8)
1   Out of the depths I have cried to You, Lord.
2   Lord, hear my voice!
     Let Your ears be attentive 
     To the sound of my pleadings.
3   If You, Lord, were to keep account of guilty deeds,
     Lord, who could stand?
4   But there is forgiveness with You,
     So that You may be revered.

5   I wait for the Lord, my soul waits,
     And I wait for His word.
6   My soul waits in hope for the Lord 
     More than the watchmen for the morning;
     Yes, more than the watchmen for the morning.
7   Israel, wait for the Lord;
     For with the Lord there is mercy,
     And with Him is abundant redemption.
8   And He will redeem Israel
     From all his guilty deeds.
TODAY'S THOUGHTS AND MEDITATION:
The Lord's forgiveness is everything!  The redemption we receive through His salvation is because of His mercy and grace.  When we go to Jesus and confess our sins, no matter how sinful we are, He is merciful to forgive.  And because of His grace, He does not keep an account of our sins that we commit once we are believers, otherwise no one would be able to have eternal security. 
God keeps His promises.  So even His covenants with Israel will not be forgotten.  There is still personal choice involved, but it will come about.  And for everyone, we have this decision to make as well.  To go to the Lord, revere Him and put our hope in Him, and wait - with confidence - knowing that He is attentive to every single detail.

No comments: