Monday, March 14, 2022

today's meditation (Ps.137) Remembering the Lord

(Dear Lord Jesus, guide me and give me insight as I read and study Your word, and let it be the meditation of my heart...)

(Psalm 137:1-9) 
1   By the rivers of Babylon,
     There we sat down and wept,
     When we remembered Zion.
2   Upon the willows in the midst of it 
     We hung our harps.
3   For there our captors demanded of us songs,
     And our tormentors, jubilation, saying,
     “Sing for us one of the songs of Zion!”

4   How can we sing the Lord’s song 
     In a foreign land?
5   If I forget you, Jerusalem,
     May my right hand forget its skill.
6   May my tongue cling to the roof of my mouth 
     If I do not remember you,
     If I do not exalt Jerusalem 
     Above my chief joy.

7   Remember, Lord, against the sons of Edom
     The day of Jerusalem,
     Those who said, “Lay it bare, lay it bare
     To its foundation!”
8   Daughter of Babylon, you devastated one,
     Blessed will be one who repays you 
     With the retribution with which you have repaid us.
9   Blessed will be one who seizes and dashes your children 
     Against the rock.

TODAY'S THOUGHTS AND MEDITATION:
It helps to keep the entire Bible in context.  Knowing that God is just and fair, we can be confident that He will only punish sinners who deny and reject Him.  And vengeance is the Lord's.  Therefore, no matter what we are going through or what is happening around us, let us never forget to remain focused on God and obedient to His will, in His strength.  And even when we don't feel like it, may we always remember to go before the Lord, in His joy, to sing praises and worship Him!  God blesses those who bless Him!

No comments: