Monday, March 7, 2022

today's meditation (Ps.131) Resting and Waiting

(Dear Lord Jesus, guide me and give me insight as I read and study Your word, and let it be the meditation of my heart...)

(Psalm 131:1-3) 
1   Lord, my heart is not proud, nor my eyes arrogant;
     Nor do I involve myself in great matters,
     Or in things too difficult for me.
2   I have certainly soothed and quieted my soul;
     Like a weaned child resting against his mother,
     My soul within me is like a weaned child.
3   Israel, wait for the Lord 
     From this time on and forever.  
TODAY'S THOUGHTS AND MEDITATION:
Pride and arrogance can only get us into great trouble!  It is when we allow pride and arrogance to gain a foothold, that we try take on things which are outside of our control.  Even king David knew this.  To rest in the Lord is not about "just sitting back and doing nothing while we wait".  It is all about relying on the Lord to handle and sort out our struggles, and to trust that He will take care of even the crazy big things happening around us. 
To make this very applicable to today, I still see so many people upset and riled up because of the pandemic and how people are or are not following mandates and advice.  And there is social and political unrest all around the world.  But our faith is not - or should not - be in people.  We cannot control anyone else.  It is difficult enough to control ourselves.  
Praise the Lord that we can look to Him for nurturing and nourishment, peace and comfort.  He will help us walk in His way, so that we will not be part of the problem/s but part of the solution/s.  This means that we do not have to worry or fret, but that we can rest and wait on the Lord!

No comments: