Thursday, March 10, 2022

today's devotion (Ps.134) Being Devoted

(Dear Lord Jesus, guide me and give me insight as I read and study Your word, and let it be the meditation of my heart...)

(Psalm 134:1-3) 
1   Behold, bless the Lord, all you servants of the Lord,
     Who serve by night in the house of the Lord!
2   Lift up your hands to the sanctuary 
     And bless the Lord.
3   May the Lord bless you from Zion,
     He who made heaven and earth.

TODAY'S THOUGHTS AND MEDITATION:
Can I control the universe?  I cannot even control the tiny things around me.  Yet, we constantly slip into control-mode and wind up making a mess of things and hurting ourselves and loved ones in the process.  This disease stems from selfishness and pride.  And the only medication for this disease is finding someone or something bigger and more important than ourselves.  
This is the Lord Jesus Christ!!!  He created everything, and therefore He is bigger and more powerful than everything put together.  He came to die for our sins and rose again to have victory over death, because He loves us and wants everyone to seek Him and have a personal relationship with Him.  He alone is worthy of our worship, devotion and blessings!!!

No comments: