Friday, November 26, 2021

today's meditation (Ps.61) Interacting With God

(Dear Lord Jesus, guide me and give me insight as I read and study Your word, and let it be the meditation of my heart...)

(Psalm 61:1-8)  Hear my cry, God;

     Give Your attention to my prayer.
2   From the end of the earth I call to You when my heart is faint;
     Lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
3   For You have been a refuge for me,
     A tower of strength against the enemy.
4   Let me dwell in Your tent forever;
     Let me take refuge in the shelter of Your wings. Selah 

5   For You have heard my vows, God;
     You have given me the inheritance of those who fear Your name.
6   You will prolong the king’s life;
     His years will be like generations.
7   He will sit enthroned before God forever;
     Appoint faithfulness and truth that they may watch over him.
8   So I will sing praise to Your name forever,
     That I may pay my vows day by day.

TODAY'S THOUGHTS AND MEDITATION:
As king and a man after God's own heart, David had received the promise from God that his throne would be everlasting.  This will be accomplished through Jesus.  When God left heaven and was born through a virgin, so that He could be 100% man while remaining 100% God, it was through King David's lineage.  Therefore Jesus is the rightful King of Israel.  And because Jesus is God, He is the King of kings!  So when He comes again at the end of the Tribulation, He will fulfill all covenants with Israel and set up the Millennial kingdom.
Meanwhile, all who choose to fear the Lord and become a believer, gain eternal life and will inherit the treasures of heaven.  And for the time being, we can have confidence that He will guide us in His faithfulness and truth!.  Not only can we run to God any time we need help, we can have a daily and step-by-step interaction with the King of kings for everything.  

No comments: