Tuesday, November 16, 2021

today's meditation (Ps.52) Trusting in God's Faithfulness

(Dear Lord Jesus, guide me and give me insight as I read and study Your word, and let it be the meditation of my heart...)

(Psalm 52:1-9)  Why do you boast in evil, you mighty man?

     The faithfulness of God endures all day long.
2   Your tongue devises destruction,
     Like a sharp razor, you worker of deceit.
3   You love evil more than good,
     Lies more than speaking what is right. Selah 
4   You love all words that devour,
     You deceitful tongue.

5   But God will break you down forever;
     He will snatch you up and tear you away from your tent,
     And uproot you from the land of the living. Selah 
6   The righteous will see and fear,
     And they will laugh at him, saying,
“Behold, the man who would not make God his refuge,
     But trusted in the abundance of his riches 
     And was strong in his evil desire.”

8   But as for me, I am like a green olive tree in the house of God;
     I trust in the faithfulness of God forever and ever.
9   I will praise You forever, because You have done it,
     And I will wait on Your name, for it is good, in the presence of Your godly ones.

TODAY'S THOUGHTS AND MEDITATION:
We simply have to make the decision to choose God as our refuge and salvation.  "Simple" but not.  It requires us to see the futility of doing things in our own strength with our own resources, while thinking that we know better.  Turning from our pride can be the most difficult thing we have to do.  And the unbelievers will laugh at us for now, but stand firm and trust in God's faithfulness and we will see in the end that it was all very well worth it.

No comments: