Thursday, November 25, 2021

today's meditation (Ps.60) Being Broken and Restored

(Dear Lord Jesus, guide me and give me insight as I read and study Your word, and let it be the meditation of my heart...)

(Psalm 60:1-12)  God, You have rejected us. You have broken us;

     You have been angry; restore us!
2   You have made the land quake, You have split it open;
     Heal its cracks, for it sways.
3   You have made Your people experience hardship;
     You have given us wine to drink that makes us stagger.
4   You have given a banner to those who fear You,
     That it may be displayed because of the truth. Selah 
5   That Your beloved may be rescued,
     Save us with Your right hand, and answer us!

6   God has spoken in His holiness:
     “I will triumph, I will divide up Shechem, and measure out the Valley of Succoth.
7   Gilead is Mine, and Manasseh is Mine;
     Ephraim also is the helmet of My head;
     Judah is My scepter.
8   Moab is My washbowl;
     I will throw My sandal over Edom;
     Shout loud, Philistia, because of Me!”

9 Who will bring me into the besieged city?
     Who will lead me to Edom?
10 Have You Yourself not rejected us, God?
     And will You not go out with our armies, God?
11 Oh give us help against the enemy,
     For rescue by man is worthless.
12 Through God we will do valiantly,
     And it is He who will trample down our enemies.

TODAY'S THOUGHTS AND MEDITATION:
There has been a common theme in the last few psalms about being "broken", which is either to be torn down, or to be humbled.  In order for the Israelites to have all their covenants fulfilled, they as a nation, must accept Jesus as their Messiah with humble hearts.  For that to happen, it will take them going through the Tribulation.  Their hearts will be moved when they see the judgements, which are the signs of Jesus' second coming.  
For now, because Israel as a nation has rejected the Lord Jesus Christ, they do not occupy the promised land in its entirety.  Individually there are some Jews who have accepted Jesus as their personal savior.  It is the same for everyone, we all need Jesus to save us and help us!  We all come into the world as broken people, and it is only through the Lord that we can be restored and do valiantly!  

No comments: