Friday, November 5, 2021

today's meditation (Ps.43) Being Right There

(Dear Lord Jesus, guide me and give me insight as I read and study Your word, and let it be the meditation of my heart...)

(Psalm 43:1-5)  Vindicate me, God, and plead my case against an ungodly nation;

1   Save me from the deceitful and unjust person!
2   For You are the God of my strength; why have You rejected me?
     Why do I go about mourning because of the oppression of the enemy?

3   Send out Your light and Your truth, they shall lead me;
     They shall bring me to Your holy hill 
     And to Your dwelling places.
4   Then I will go to the altar of God,
     To God my exceeding joy;
     And I will praise You on the lyre, God, my God.

5   Why are you in despair, my soul?
     And why are you restless within me?
     Wait for God, for I will again praise Him 
     For the help of His presence, my God.

TODAY'S THOUGHTS AND MEDITATION:
God is patient and understanding with us when we ask Him why He is or isn't doing something specific, although at some point we need to move on from that and put our trust in Him completely.  So David got it right when he then started asking why he, himself, was still mourning and feeling despair and restlessness.  
There really are no excuses for staying "stuck in the mud".  Just because we are being persecuted, doesn't mean we should not or cannot seek God's peace, joy, strength, confidence...  Just drawing nearer to God will help!  If we feel that God is far away from us, we must realize that God is always right there!  The question is - are we right there with the Lord!!!

No comments: