Friday, November 19, 2021

today's devotion (Ps.54) Setting God Before Us

(Dear Lord Jesus, guide me and give me insight as I read and study Your word, and let it be the meditation of my heart...)

(Psalm 54:1-7)  Save me, God, by Your name,

     And vindicate me by Your power.
2   Hear my prayer, God;
     Listen to the words of my mouth.
3   For strangers have risen against me 
     And violent men have sought my life;
     They have not set God before them. Selah

4   Behold, God is my helper;
     The Lord is the sustainer of my soul.
5   He will pay b
ack the evil to my enemies;
     Destroy them in Your faithfulness.

6   Willingly I will sacrifice to You;
     I will praise Your name, Lord, for it is good.
7   For He has saved me from all trouble,

     And my eye has looked with satisfaction upon my enemies.

TODAY'S THOUGHTS AND MEDITATION:
It would seem that verse 3 is key!  We all need to have God "set before us"... He needs to be first in our lives, as our personal Lord and Savior.  He needs to be our focus of adoration and help.  And He needs to be leading and guiding our direction in life for each and every step we take.  Then...
When we call upon the Lord, He will hear and answer our prayers.  He might not answer our prayers in the timing or in the way we want or expect, but He will look after those who love and honor Him!  He saves us, helps us and sustains our souls, because the Lord is good and He is faithful!  


No comments: