Monday, November 22, 2021

today's meditation (Ps.57) Starting the Day Right

(Dear Lord Jesus, guide me and give me insight as I read and study Your word, and let it be the meditation of my heart...)

(Psalm 57:1-11)   Be gracious to me, God, be gracious to me,

     For my soul takes refuge in You;
     And in the shadow of Your wings I will take refuge 
     Until destruction passes by.
2   I will cry to God Most High,
     To God who accomplishes all things for me.
3   He will send from heaven and save me;
     He rebukes the one who tramples upon me. Selah 
     God will send His favor and His truth.

4   My soul is among lions;
     I must lie among those who devour,
     Among sons of mankind whose teeth are spears and arrows,
     And their tongue is a sharp sword.
5   Be exalted above the heavens, God;
     May Your glory be above all the earth.
6   They have prepared a net for my steps;
     My soul is bowed down;
     They dug a pit before me;
     They themselves have fallen into the midst of it. Selah 

7   My heart is steadfast, God, my heart is steadfast;
     I will sing, yes, I will sing praises!
8   Awake, my glory!
     Awake, harp and lyre!
     I will awaken the dawn.
9   I will praise You, Lord, among the peoples;
     I will sing praises to You among the nations.
10 For Your goodness is great to the heavens 
     And Your truth to the clouds.
11 Be exalted above the heavens, God;
     May Your glory be above all the earth.

TODAY'S THOUGHTS AND MEDITATION:
We can "awaken the dawn" - start each day - with personal devotions, prayer and humble hearts.  To study and see God's strength, truth, faithfulness and goodness, will give us confidence that it is the Lord who accomplishes all things for us!!!  Therefore, we can and should cry to Him, and seek refuge in Him in every situation.  By starting each day this way, clothed in the righteousness of Jesus, we will be equipped to not only remain steadfast, but to glorify God and share His love and good news.

No comments: