Monday, October 25, 2021

today's meditation (Psalm 32) Allowing God to Direct Our Paths

(Dear Lord Jesus, guide me and give me insight as I read and study Your word, and let it be the meditation of my heart...)

(Psalm 32:1-11)  How blessed is he whose wrongdoing is forgiven,

     Whose sin is covered!
2   How blessed is a person whose guilt the Lord does not take into account,
     And in whose spirit there is no deceit!

3   When I kept silent about my sin, my body wasted away 
     Through my groaning all day long.
4   For day and night Your hand was heavy upon me;
     My vitality failed as with the dry heat of summer. Selah 
5   I acknowledged my sin to You,
     And I did not hide my guilt;
     I said, “I will confess my wrongdoings to the Lord”;
     And You forgave the guilt of my sin. Selah 
6   Therefore, let everyone who is godly pray to You in a time when You may be found;
     Certainly in a flood of great waters, they will not reach him.
7   You are my hiding place; You keep me from trouble;
     You surround me with songs of deliverance. Selah 

8   I will instruct you and teach you in the way which you should go;
     I will advise you with My eye upon you.
9   Do not be like the horse or like the mule, which have no understanding,
     Whose trappings include bit and bridle to hold them in check,
     Otherwise they will not come near to you.
10 The sorrows of the wicked are many,
     But the one who trusts in the Lord, goodness will surround him.
11 Be glad in the Lord and rejoice, you righteous ones;
     And shout for joy, all you who are upright in heart.

TODAY'S THOUGHTS AND MEDITATION:
Verse 1 talks about how blessed a Christian is.  Our sins are forgiven and covered by the blood that Jesus shed for us... And like it says in verse 2, when God forgives us, He chooses to remember our sins no more.  He takes our account and changes it to - PAID IN FULL - FOREVER, and nothing can change that.
After becoming a believer, even though we are forgiven of all our sins (past, present and future), while here on earth we will still sin, even when we don't want to.  God's desire is that when this happens, we get back to Him immediately to confess and continue on in His will.  If we don't, like it says in verses 3-5, God will convict us and discipline us and allow things to become uncomfortable for us until we see the errors of our way.
The longer we refuse to confess a sin, the more that sin will drain us of our strength, because we are doing things in our own way and in our own strength.  But when we reconcile with God, we can continue on in His strength and grace.  He is most faithful and desires to guide us in the way we should go.
Verse 9 is very clear that God never forces anyone to do anything against their will.  But certainly, we should understand that God wants the very best for us, so it benefits us when our will wants to be aligned with God's will.  If only I could put on a bit and bridle and hand the reins to God, because I know that He will steer me true!!!  Because this is not how God works, I must decide daily that I will continue to look to God for each and every step that I take.

No comments: