Friday, October 1, 2021

today's meditation (Psalm 13) Giving Credit to the Lord

(Dear Lord Jesus, guide me and give me insight as I read and study Your word, and let it be the meditation of my heart...)

(Psalm 13:1-6)  How long, Lord? Will You forget me forever?

     How long will You hide Your face from me?
2   How long am I to feel anxious in my soul,
     With grief in my heart all the day?
     How long will my enemy be exalted over me?

3   Consider and answer me, O Lord my God;
     Enlighten my eyes, or I will sleep the sleep of death,
4   And my enemy will say, “I have overcome him,”
     And my adversaries will rejoice when I am shaken.

5   But I have trusted in Your faithfulness;
     My heart shall rejoice in Your salvation.
6   I will sing to the Lord,
     Because He has looked after me.

TODAY'S THOUGHTS AND MEDITATION:
Isn't it interesting that when we find ourselves in struggles, our biggest struggle can be within ourselves?  Our pride tells us that we are strong enough to get through anything, and we are smart enough to figure things out.  We work hard and build up our tiny empires, surrounding ourselves with things that we think will make us feel safer or better about ourselves.  But consider David, a man after God's own heart...
David had been a king, with a certain amount of wealth, manpower and authority.  Yet he knew these were not the things that could save him, or help him.  He knew that all these things came from God, but they were not the things he could rely on for peace, comfort or fulfillment.
Notice that David put his trust in God's faithfulness!  David understood that salvation was not from himself, but from the Lord only!  And David gave all credit, honor and glory to the Lord for everything. Even in the midst of trouble and turmoil!
In David's prayer, he began by being honest with how he was feeling.  Then he pled his case to the Lord, asking Him for help and guidance.  And then David ended his prayer with resounding confidence and thanksgiving.

No comments: