Sunday, October 17, 2021

today's meditation (Psalm 26) Passing God's Tests

(Dear Lord Jesus, guide me and give me insight as I read and study Your word, and let it be the meditation of my heart...)

(Psalm 26:1-12)  Vindicate me, Lord, for I have walked in my integrity,

     And I have trusted in the Lord without wavering.
2   Examine me, Lord, and put me to the test;
     Refine my mind and my heart.
3   For Your goodness is before my eyes,
     And I have walked in Your truth.
4   I do not sit with deceitful people,
     Nor will I go with pretenders.
5   I hate the assembly of evildoers,
     And I will not sit with the wicked.
6   I will wash my hands in innocence,
     And I will go around Your altar, Lord,
7   That I may proclaim with the voice of thanksgiving
     And declare all Your wonders.

8   Lord, I love the dwelling of Your house,
     And the place where Your glory remains.
9   Do not take my soul away along with sinners,
     Nor my life with men of bloodshed,
10 In whose hands is a wicked scheme,
     And whose right hand is full of bribes.
11 But as for me, I will walk in my integrity;
     Redeem me, and be gracious to me.
12 My foot stands on level ground;
     In the congregations I will bless the Lord.

TODAY'S THOUGHTS AND MEDITATION:
My faith and trust in God is great, yet I'm still wary of making such a request like David's - to ask that God put me to the test???!!!  I know that there will be times when God will test me.  And I have faith and trust that God will see me through those tests.  But do I really WANT to be tested???!!!
I remember asking God to test me (challenge me) in something - only once.  The request might not have been a mistake, but I tried to do everything in my own strength and wisdom.  I am so very grateful that even though I failed that test, God does not disqualify or expel us as believers.  No matter what, the way we pass any test - is to run to God - or run BACK to God!!!  TOTALLY DEPEND ON GOD!!!  
As a diligent student studying a particular subject, most times we will only know how we are doing in that class by taking a test or exam.  So looking back to the times when I've gone through tests, I am so very thankful for those experiences.  Without those, I would not see how God is able to do amazing things!  Miracles, in fact!  And maybe when we ask God to use us to bring Him glory, that in itself is desiring to be tested.  We must be ready and willing to go where God leads us, and do what God asks of us... all the while doing everything in His love, strength and wisdom! 
The test's outcome is not so much about how or what WE do... it is all about allowing God to work and seeing what HE does!!!

No comments: