Monday, March 2, 2020

praying effectively: Confess Sins (1John 1:8-10)



(1 John 1:8-10)  If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us.

Reminder:  "praying effectively" involves knowing God's will.  When we pray in His will (in His name), He may choose to not answer those prayers in the time period that we would like, or HOW we would like - but He will answer those prayers!

It is God's will:
- that we realize our sins and confess them

Today's prayer:

Dear Lord Jesus, thank You for Your faithfulness and Your righteousness.  Thank You that You have forgiven all my sins, past, present and future, and have chosen to remember them no more.  And thank You for Your grace, guaranteeing my salvation for all eternity, no matter what I do or not do.

May I not take Your grace for granted.  May I not become self-righteous. 

Guide me to realize that while I am still here on earth, I will still struggle with sin and its consequences.  Give me Your desire and strength to live in obedience because I want to.  And convict and humble my heart when I am sinning, so that I may confess that. 

Thank You for the awesome blessings of confessing my sins as I realize them.  You ARE faithful, and You do make a great difference in my life.  I have seen miracles in myself that can only be from You!  Help me to continue growing closer to You and help me to continue seeking out Your will, all to Your glory, amen.

No comments: