Saturday, May 27, 2017

JESUS the "Servant David" (Ez.37)

Ezekiel gives another prophecy about the Millennium -. the kingdom of heaven - when the Israelites will have their perfect King Jesus and the Abrahamic and Davidic covenants will be fulfilled...

(Ezekiel 37:21-23)  Say to them, ‘Thus says the Lord God, “Behold, I will take the sons of Israel from among the nations where they have gone, and I will gather them from every side and bring them into their own land; 22 and I will make them one nation in the land, on the mountains of Israel; and one king will be king for all of them; and they will no longer be two nations and no longer be divided into two kingdoms. 23 They will no longer defile themselves with their idols, or with their detestable things, or with any of their transgressions; but I will deliver them from all their dwelling places in which they have sinned, and will cleanse them. And they will be My people, and I will be their God.

This will be accomplished because Jesus has already fulfilled the new covenant the first time He came to earth in flesh by dying in our place for our sins, so that when we believe, our sins are forgiven, and God sees us as clean, and the Holy Spirit begins a work in our hearts and minds to renew us...  

(Titus 3:4-8)  ...when the kindness of God our Savior and His love for mankind appeared, He saved usnot on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit, whom He poured out upon us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that being justified by His grace we would be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

Because the Israelites did not accept their King the first time He presented Himself, Jesus will come again.  This prophecy from these scriptures in Ezekiel will be and can be fulfilled because Jesus, the "servant David". came from king David's lineage, and (in the Davidic covenant) God has promised to establish the kingdom that would endure forever...

(Ezekiel 37:24-28)  My servant David will be king over them, and they will all have one shepherd; and they will walk in My ordinances and keep My statutes and observe them. 25 They will live on the land that I gave to Jacob My servant, in which your fathers lived; and they will live on it, they, and their sons and their sons’ sons, forever; and David My servant will be their prince forever. 26 I will make a covenant of peace with them; it will be an everlasting covenant with them. And I will place them and multiply them, and will set My sanctuary in their midst forever. 27 My dwelling place also will be with them; and I will be their God, and they will be My people. 28 And the nations will know that I am the Lord who sanctifies Israel, when My sanctuary is in their midst forever.”’”

God does everything for a purpose, and God has a purpose intended for everyone.  Not only will God fulfill every promise He makes, God wants the "nations to know" - because He loves and cares for everyone...

(2 Peter 3:8-9)  But do not let this one fact escape your notice, beloved, that with the Lord one day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years like one day. The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.

No comments: