Saturday, May 20, 2017

JESUS Loving and Just (Is.60-63)

There is a repeat from yesterday and other days...
(Isaiah 60:1-3)  Arise, shine; for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord has risen upon you.
“For behold, darkness will cover the earth and deep darkness the peoples;  but the Lord will rise upon you and His glory will appear upon you.
Nations will come to your light, and kings to the brightness of your rising..."
There is both present tense and past tense in this portion of scripture.  For the people of this time (when this was being written), the LORD (Jesus of the Old Testament) had appeared to them often in the past, but not yet "born" in flesh.  He saved them out of many desperate situations.  He performed many miracles for them to see.  He gave them guidance and messages of hope.  And in His words - they actually had the "gospel" message, so they could believe in what the LORD would do for them - in something yet to happen. They could choose to have faith in Jesus, their Messiah.

For us now, we know that Jesus has come in the flesh to complete the work on the cross, dying for our sins and rising after three days.  We of course have the gospel message and need to believe in order to be saved.  So the present tense statement that our "light has come" and "the glory of the LORD has risen upon you" - is of course still a true statement.

And then there is the present tense statement.  If you think things are "dark now, this is nothing like how dark the Tribulation will be.  At the end of those seven years, Jesus will coming again to set up the Millennium.  The next verses in chapter 60 describe how wonderful it will be.

But before that can happen, the Tribulation takes place.  The "signs" will appear for the Israelites to realize that Jesus is coming again.  The "signs" being the judgments on the nations, until their final judgement when Jesus arrives at the battle of Armageddon as described...
 (Isaiah 63:1-6)  Who is this who comes from Edom, with garments of glowing colors from Bozrah, this One who is majestic in His apparel, marching in the greatness of His strength?  “It is I who speak in righteousness, mighty to save.”
Why is Your apparel red, and Your garments like the one who treads in the wine press?
I have trodden the wine trough alone, and from the peoples there was no man with Me.  I also trod them in My anger and trampled them in My wrath;  and their lifeblood is sprinkled on My garments, and I stained all My raiment.
“For the day of vengeance was in My heart, and My year of redemption has come.
“I looked, and there was no one to help, and I was astonished and there was no one to uphold;  so My own arm brought salvation to Me, and My wrath upheld Me.
“I trod down the peoples in My anger and made them drunk in My wrath, and I poured out their lifeblood on the earth.”
Um, I don't know about you, but I am so thankful that I have chosen to be on the LORD's side!!!  And I am so thankful that the LORD is loving and kind! 
(Isaiah 63:7)   I shall make mention of the lovingkindnesses of the Lord, the praises of the Lord, according to all that the Lord has granted us, and the great goodness toward the house of Israel, which He has granted them according to His compassion and according to the abundance of His lovingkindnesses.
(Psalm 86:11-13, 15-16a)  Teach me Your way, O Lord;  I will walk in Your truth;  unite my heart to fear Your name.
12 I will give thanks to You, O Lord my God, with all my heart, and will glorify Your name forever.
13 For Your lovingkindness toward me is great, and You have delivered my soul from the depths of Sheol.
15 But You, O Lord, are a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abundant in lovingkindness and truth.
16 Turn to me, and be gracious to me...

No comments: