Friday, January 21, 2022

today's meditation (Ps.108) Encouraging Words

(Dear Lord Jesus, guide me and give me insight as I read and study Your word, and let it be the meditation of my heart...)

(Psalm 108:1-13) 
1   My heart is steadfast, God;
     I will sing, I will sing praises also with my soul.
2   Awake, harp and lyre;
     I will awaken the dawn!
3   I will give thanks to You, Lord, among the peoples,
     And I will sing praises to You among the nations.
4   For Your mercy is great above the heavens,
     And Your truth reaches to the skies.
5   Be exalted above the heavens, God,
     And may Your glory be above all the earth.
6   So that Your beloved may be rescued,
     Save with Your right hand, and answer me!

7   God has spoken in His holiness:
     “I will triumph, I will divide up Shechem,
     And measure out the Valley of Succoth.
8   Gilead is Mine, Manasseh is Mine;
     Ephraim also is the helmet of My head;
     Judah is My scepter.
9   Moab is My washbowl;
     I will throw My sandal over Edom;
     I will shout aloud over Philistia.”

10 Who will bring me into the fortified city?
     Who will lead me to Edom?
11 God, have You Yourself not rejected us?
     And will You not go forth with our armies, God?
12 Give us help against the enemy,
     For deliverance by man is worthless.
13 Through God we will do valiantly,
     And it is He who will trample down our enemies.

TODAY'S THOUGHTS AND MEDITATION:
Knowing and understanding that God is Sovereign and already has the victory should give us confidence in His strength.  Knowing and understanding that God is holy should give us peace and trust in His righteousness.  Knowing and understanding that God is merciful and caring should give us joy and security in His promises.  
Man's help is not worth anything.  It is God alone who can save us.  And in our own strength we would only stumble and fall again.  It is God who can keep us steadfast.  Let us encourage one another to keep looking to God!

No comments: