Wednesday, January 12, 2022

today's meditation (Ps.101) Walking With Integrity

(Dear Lord Jesus, guide me and give me insight as I read and study Your word, and let it be the meditation of my heart...)

(Psalm 101:1-8)
     I will sing of mercy and justice;
     To You, Lord, I will sing praises.
2   I will carefully attend to the blameless way.
     When will You come to me?
     I will walk within my house in the integrity of my heart.
3   I will set no worthless thing before my eyes;
     I hate the work of those who fall away;
     It shall not cling to me.
4   A perverse heart shall leave me;
     I will know no evil.
5   Whoever secretly slanders his neighbor, him I will destroy;
     I will not endure one who has a haughty look and an arrogant heart.

6   My eyes shall be upon the faithful of the land, that they may dwell with me;
     One who walks in a blameless way is one who will serve me.
7   One who practices deceit shall not dwell within my house;
     One who speaks lies shall not maintain his position before me.
8   Every morning I will destroy all the wicked of the land,
     So as to eliminate from the city of the Lord all those who do injustice.

TODAY'S THOUGHTS AND MEDITATION:
In order to keep walking with integrity in God's will, there are a few things we need to keep in our hearts and minds:
- (v. 2)  pray and wait on the Lord for His help and guidance
- (v. 1)  trust the Lord, that He will take care of the evil that is happening around us
- (v. 3)  we should hate evil and sinful deeds, but not the people who commit them
- (v.7)  we should not condone or enable sinful behavior
- (v. 3)  we should not desire anything evil or desire to commit any sinful acts
- (v. 8)  we should daily put away anything that is evil and sinful
- (v. 4)  we should confess any sin that we have committed, or even sin that is in our hearts
- (v. 5)  we should defend the innocent and bring justice to the guilty
- (v. 2)  we should be careful with what we say and do 
- (v. 2)  we should keep our focus on doing God's will to be more God-like
- (v. 6)  we should work together faithfully, supporting and serving one another
- (v. 1)  we should sing praises to the Lord and be thankful

No comments: