Sunday, January 2, 2022

today's meditation (P.92) Expressing God's Joy

(Dear Lord Jesus, guide me and give me insight as I read and study Your word, and let it be the meditation of my heart...)

(Psalm 92:1-15)  It is good to give thanks to the Lord 
     And to sing praises to Your name, Most High;
2   To declare Your goodness in the morning 
     And Your faithfulness by night,
3   With the ten-stringed lute and with the harp,
     With resounding music on the lyre.
4   For You, Lord, have made me joyful by what You have done,
     I will sing for joy over the works of Your hands.

5   How great are Your works, Lord!
     Your thoughts are very deep.
6   A stupid person has no knowledge,
     Nor does a foolish person understand this:
7   When the wicked sprouted up like grass 
     And all who did injustice flourished,
     It was only that they might be destroyed forevermore.
8   But You, Lord, are on high forever.
9   For, behold, Your enemies, Lord,
     For, behold, Your enemies will perish;
     All who do injustice will be scattered.

10 But You have exalted my horn like that of the wild ox;
     I have been anointed with fresh oil.
11 And my eye has looked at my enemies,
     My ears hear of the evildoers who rise up against me.
12 The righteous person will flourish like the palm tree,
     He will grow like a cedar in Lebanon.
13 Planted in the house of the Lord,
     They will flourish in the courtyards of our God.
14 They will still yield fruit in advanced age;
     They will be full of sap and very green,
15 To declare that the Lord is just;
     He is my rock, and there is no malice in Him.

TODAY'S THOUGHTS AND MEDITATION:
There is power in words, and when we start to speak out about things we believe in, even without God in the picture, it does something to a person's confidence.  But when God is involved, it becomes even more so.  
I remember as a kid, I was afraid to talk about my faith.  Then in Junior High, I hid my Christianity even better by trying to go along with the world here and there.  I was miserable and in a very dark place.  Eventually I went into a bit of a depression, bursting out in tears at the stupidest things.  My parents would ask what was wrong with me... but I didn't really know, and I had no words.
It was when I realized I was missing out on God's blessings, I confessed and apologized to Him and to my parents, verbalizing my struggles and my intentions of getting back to walking with the Lord.  Everything changed at that moment, including my confidence in sharing my faith with others.  It was like God's peace and joy within me wanted to be expressed!!!  The more I grow in the Lord, the more strength and confidence I have in Him, the more I want to serve and express!!!

No comments: