Wednesday, September 22, 2021

today's meditation (Psalm 5) Finding the Path of Salvation

(Dear Lord Jesus, guide me and give me insight as I read and study Your word, and let it be the meditation of my heart...)

(Psalm 5:1-12)  Listen to my words, Lord,

     Consider my sighing.
2   Listen to the sound of my cry for help, my King and my God,
     For to You I pray.
3   In the morning, Lord, You will hear my voice;
     In the morning I will present my prayer to You and be on the watch.

4   For You are not a God who takes pleasure in wickedness;
     No evil can dwell with You.
5   The boastful will not stand before Your eyes;
     You hate all who do injustice.
6   You destroy those who speak lies;
     The Lord loathes the person of bloodshed and deceit.
7   But as for me, by Your abundant graciousness I will enter Your house,
     At Your holy temple I will bow in reverence for You.

8   Lord, lead me in Your righteousness because of my enemies;
     Make Your way straight before me.
9   For there is nothing trustworthy in their mouth;
     Their inward part is destruction itself.
     Their throat is an open grave;
     They flatter with their tongue.
10 Make them pay, God;
     Have them fall by their own schemes!
     Scatter them in the multitude of their wrongdoings,
     For they are rebellious against You.

11 But rejoice, all who take refuge in You,
     Sing for joy forever!
     And may You shelter them,
     That those who love Your name may rejoice in You.
12 For You bless the righteous person, Lord,
     You surround him with favor as with a shield.

TODAY'S THOUGHTS AND MEDITATION:
This passage lays out the salvation message very clearly: 
Verse 4 - no evil can dwell with God
Verse 9 - the path of the unbelievers is corrupt and tricky and leads to death
Verse 8 - the path to salvation is straight and simple
Verse 7 - only through choosing the Lord (Jesus)'s forgiveness and grace, may we enter His house
Verse 8 - only through the Lord (Jesus)'s righteousness are we seen as righteous
Verse 5 - only the humble will stand before God
Verse 11- only those who take refuge in the Lord will rejoice and sing for all eternity  
Verse 11 - only those who love God's name will rejoice
Verse 12 - only the righteous will be blessed and protected
Verse 2 - even king David chose to make the Lord - King over his personal life
Jesus needs to be our first love and first priority, with a humble heart and a desire to serve and worship Him, and Him only.  We should want Jesus to reign over us and guide us in everything we say and do, because of His love for us.  

No comments: