Wednesday, September 22, 2021

today's meditation (Psalm 4) Meditating and Trusting

(Dear Lord Jesus, guide me and give me insight as I read and study Your word, and let it be the meditation of my heart...)

(Psalm 4:1-8)  Answer me when I call, God of my righteousness!

     You have relieved me in my distress;
     Be gracious to me and hear my prayer.

2   You sons of man, how long will my honor be treated as an insult?
     How long will you love what is worthless and strive for a lie?  Selah
3   But know that the Lord has set apart the godly person for Himself;
     The Lord hears when I call to Him.

4   Tremble, and do not sin;
     Meditate in your heart upon your bed, and be still. Selah
5   Offer the sacrifices of righteousness,
     And trust in the Lord.

6   Many are saying, “Who will show us anything good?”
     Lift up the light of Your face upon us, Lord!
7   You have put joy in my heart,
     More than when their grain and new wine are abundant.
8   In peace I will both lie down and sleep,
     For You alone, Lord, have me dwell in safety.

TODAY'S THOUGHTS AND MEDITATION:
When we call out to the Lord for our help, we will learn that He hears and answers us.  When we meditate on Him and His word, we will see that His word renews our minds, and He works in our hearts.  As God works in our lives, we will learn to trust IN Him even more than we already do.  
When we really trust in the Lord, we should not have a problem with giving our tithes and offerings to Him, because He will see to it that we have enough.  And we will learn to be content in all things.
When we really trust in the Lord, we will not have a problem with being still.  If we have given the Lord our problems, we should not turn around and take matters into our own hands.  Trusting in the Lord is to rest in Him, being patient, and knowing to wait for Him to sort things out.
When we do these things, no matter what we are going through... God hears us;  God relieves us in times of distress and provides peace and safety.  God keeps us in His hand and never lets go;  and God puts joy in our hearts.  We will be blessed when we meditate on these things.

No comments: