Monday, May 20, 2019

praying effectively: Do Not Twist God's Words (Pv.30:1-6)

(Proverbs 30:1-6)

The words of Agur the son of Jakeh, the oracle.
The man declares to Ithiel, to Ithiel and Ucal:
Surely I am more stupid than any man, and I do not have the understanding of a man. 
Neither have I learned wisdom, nor do I have the knowledge of the Holy One.
Who has ascended into heaven and descended? Who has gathered the wind in His fists? Who has wrapped the waters in His garment? Who has established all the ends of the earth? What is His name or His son’s name? Surely you know!
Every word of God is tested; He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him.
Do not add to His words or He will reprove you, and you will be proved a liar.
Reminder:  "praying effectively" involves knowing God's will.  When we pray in His will (in His name), He may choose to not answer those prayers in the time period that we would like, or HOW we would like - but He will answer those prayers!

It is God's will:  that we do not add or twist God's words in the Bible (30:6)

Today's prayer:

Dear Lord Jesus, thank You so much for giving us the Bible.  May we always cherish Your words of life, and may Your words be protected from those who wish to change them or add to them.  May we never think that we are wiser than You.  May we know without a doubt that everything You tell us in Your word is true, and it always works without fail!!!  Thank You for giving me tests in my life, in order for me to see that this is so.  Help me to continue applying Your truths in my daily walk with You.  Amen.

No comments: