Tuesday, May 21, 2019

praying effectively: Do Not Slander (Pv.30:7-10)

(Proverbs 30:7-33)
Two things I asked of You, do not refuse me before I die:
Keep deception and lies far from me, give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with the food that is my portion,
That I not be full and deny You and say, “Who is the Lord?” Or that I not be in want and steal, and profane the name of my God.
10 Do not slander a slave to his master, or he will curse you and you will be found guilty.
Reminder:  "praying effectively" involves knowing God's will.  When we pray in His will (in His name), He may choose to not answer those prayers in the time period that we would like, or HOW we would like - but He will answer those prayers!

It is God's will:  that we do not slander (30:10)

Today's prayer:

Dear heavenly Father, I am so thankful that You are the Lord of truth.  Help us live by that standard.  May we refrain from lying, gossiping, slandering and profaning Your name.  Help us realize that these sins are very harmful and hurtful to us and other people and to You.  May all our words be truthful, edifying and encouraging, and always spoken with pure motives.  Amen.

No comments: