Saturday, September 9, 2017

eschatology intro, Creation, God & Mankind's Purpose (Gen.1)

The term "eschatology" has been defined in some dictionaries as "the part of theology concerned with death, judgement, and the final destiny of the soul and of humankind" as well as "Christian hope is concerned with eschatology, or the science of last things".

But you cannot study what will happen in the future and WHY it will be that way - unless you also study what has happened in the past, which includes God's will as well as purpose.

I've done several Bible studies on this topic.  And twice, while reading through the entire Bible, I've taken notes specifically on eschatology.  Here is a link to my quick notes of the "chronological order" of the specific events with scripture for each point (http://church-skits.com/indexESCHATOLOGY.html). 

As I read through the Bible this time, I will note all scripture along the way that has anything to do with eschatology.  I'm even thinking that I will keep each point of a specific time or event separate, which could mean that one day's entry would be merely part of one verse.  Then at the very end, I hope to somehow amalgamate everything into a chronological order.  This should be very interesting!!!

Each time I read through the Bible, my mind is blown!!!  God's word in its entirety expresses just how amazing God is.  The better I know God's word - the better - I know my Lord and Savior!  The stronger my faith grows!  The more confident I can stand and enjoy His love and grace, patience and faithfulness.  The more I learn NOT to take Him for granted - NOT to underestimate His wisdom and guidance, healing and power! 

And so, the very first chapter in the Bible gives us an excellent introduction into the beginning of time, and insight into who God is and His intentions, as well as what our purpose in life is meant to be.  God has always been.  And when He created the heaven's and the earth - we had a starting point - with a clear design and purpose - with God's blessings!!!...

(Genesis 1:1)  In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

(Genesis 1: 26-31)  Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.” 27 God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. 28 God blessed them; and God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth, and subdue it; and rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over every living thing that moves on the earth. 29 Then God said, “Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the surface of all the earth, and every tree which has fruit yielding seed; it shall be food for you;  30 and to every beast of the earth and to every bird of the sky and to every thing that moves on the earth which has life, I have given every green plant for food”; and it was so. 31 God saw all that He had made, and behold, it was very good. And there was evening and there was morning, the sixth day.

My personal takeaway - PERFECTION!  God intended the very best for us!!! 

No comments: