Thursday, December 23, 2021

today's meditation (Ps.84) Trusting is Not a Feeling

(Dear Lord Jesus, guide me and give me insight as I read and study Your word, and let it be the meditation of my heart...)

(Psalm 84:1-12) How lovely are Your dwelling places,
     Lord of armies!
2   My soul longed and even yearned for the courtyards of the Lord;
     My heart and my flesh sing for joy to the living God.
3   The bird also has found a house,
     And the swallow a nest for herself, where she may put her young:
     Your altars, Lord of armies,
     My King and my God.
4   Blessed are those who dwell in Your house!
     They are ever praising You. Selah 

5   Blessed is the person whose strength is in You,
     In whose heart are the roads to Zion!
6   Passing through the Valley of Baca they make it a spring;
     The early rain also covers it with blessings.
7   They go from strength to strength,
     Every one of them appears before God in Zion.

8   Lord God of armies, hear my prayer;
     Listen, God of Jacob! Selah 
9   See our shield, God,
     And look at the face of Your anointed.
10 For a day in Your courtyards is better than a thousand elsewhere.
     I would rather stand at the threshold of the house of my God 
     Than live in the tents of wickedness.
11 For the Lord God is a sun and shield;
     The Lord gives grace and glory;
     He withholds no good thing from those who walk with integrity.
12 Lord of armies,
     Blessed is the person who trusts in You!

TODAY'S THOUGHTS AND MEDITATION:
There is nothing better than being a child of God!  This is a person who has put their faith and trust in the Lord.  The action of commitment comes before any feelings.  
We know when we truly trust in God, we can trust that what He tells us to do is right and it will work.  And as God works in our hearts and works through our service to Him, and blesses and works things out for us, we will long and yearn to know Him more, and we will want to sing praises to Him.

No comments: