Tuesday, December 7, 2021

today's meditation (Ps. 70) Asking for Help Immediately

(Dear Lord Jesus, guide me and give me insight as I read and study Your word, and let it be the meditation of my heart...)

(Psalm 70:1-5) God, hurry to save me;
     Lord, hurry to help me!
2   May those who seek my life 
     Be put to shame and humiliated;
     May those who delight in my harm 
     Be turned back and dishonored.
3   May those who say, “Aha, aha!” be turned back 
     Because of their shame.

4   May all who seek You rejoice and be glad in You;
     And may those who love Your salvation say continually,
     “May God be exalted!”
5   But I am afflicted and needy;
     Hurry to me, God!
     You are my help and my savior;
     Lord, do not delay.

TODAY'S THOUGHTS AND MEDITATION:
We should desire that God quickly help us.  In other words, we should not delay in asking for His help.  Any time and all of the time, we should immediately ask for God's help.  God may not answer this prayer the way we want or in the way we expect.  God may even decide that an issue remain with us... BUT God will help us when we ask!!!  Immediately, God will work on our hearts, so that no matter what we are going through, we can experience joy and thankfulness, as well as His strength and confidence.

No comments: